Monday, August 1, 2016

Picture This Blog's First Challenge



 Welcome to our first challenge at Picture This  https://picturethischallenges.blogspot.com .  
This is also my first challenge being a design team member.  How exciting! 

I would like to thank  Brenshevia  founder and administrator of PT and Let's Get Sketchy  for this opportunity 
and to welcome all the other PT design team members! 

For this challenge we created a layout using this beautiful mood-board.  
The colorful pompoms and the triangles really inspired me!

Mood-Board




To start my layout I looked for a photo I thought would relate to the mood-board.  
I came up with the photo of my daughter, Ashley, eating cotton candy.  I thought it looked like the pompoms on the MB.  Then I picked out the papers using the colors on the MB.  Next, I used a stamp for the background that also looked like a pompom when actually it is a stamp of a dandelion by Hot Off the Press, (Dandelion Wishes).  I cut off the stem and only used the puffy top. Then I cut two circles, one larger then the other, from pink and blue paper which I cut fringes all around them to mimic the pompoms!  That became the frame for the photo. Then I made a triangle by folding down the pink paper and added some blue paper underneath and some sequins.   

I had a lot of fun working with the mood-board and I hope you will too! 



#Happy Ashley



Here are some close-ups











Thank you for joining us on our new journey together of creativity and inspiring others!  
I cannot wait to see all of your creations!
Looking forward to reading your lovely comments and leaving you comments!  
Happy Creating!


4 comments: