Monday, August 15, 2016

Second August Challenge



Hello everyone!  I am so excited to present my second design team layout for Picture This!  
Here is the fun challenge:  
We all look to find that perfect picture to scrap and show off to the world, but  over at "Picture This" they want you to look through your stash and find that "Not so perfect photo"!  You know the one that's out of focus, or where half the head is cut off or what about the one with the red eyes.  Any photo that you deem "Not so picture perfect"  will do for this challenge.  

The photo I came up with  for my layout is from many years ago.  I just could not ever think of getting rid of it but never thought of scraping it on a layout till now!   I am so grateful for this challenge to finally be able to use this "Not so Perfect" picture!   
My picture is of my two children all dressed up for Easter and so we naturally took photos of them.  But something went terribly wrong with the film (you know, the stuff you used to put in a camera)  and the photos ended up on top of each other.  
(But Ashley and Sky still looked so cute, so I kept the photo all these years!)  


                             

My April Babies by Lisa





I added lace through out my layout because 
I thought the mistake on the left side of the photo looked like some lace was put on the photo.


Here are some close-ups


Circles with brads and embroidery hoop. 
Brother and Sister friendships last forever!







I also entered my layout into two other challenges!


More than Words


The main challenge is based on a word  inspiration (Friends) and a creative (Circles) challenge!  For the circle part of the challenge, I incorporated different brads, and a lace embroidery hoop.  My photo is of my children who have had a loving friendship all their lives.  Which I am very grateful for!
The challenge is open to layouts, canvases, and art journal pages only.  It runs through  August 31st! Go on over and join the fun!






Archi-scrap


The August challenge's criteria is Butterflies!  Love them!  So it was really easy to add them to the page!  Let your imagine run wild with this challenge, so long as you add butterflies!  This fun challenge runs through August 31st.  


 I hope you will join in all the fun over at Picture This (two challenges a month),
More than Words (One challenge that last for the whole month),
and
Archi-scrap (One challenge a month also)!  

Thank you for dropping by and I really appreciate all your lovely comments!  
Looking forward to seeing what you create!










                                   
SaveSave

16 comments:

  1. Great work Lisa, love the layers on your page and such a nice vintage feel about it.
    Thanks for playing along at Archiscraps this month. Love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful interpretation of our challenge Lisa, thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice for your photo - I thought the left side was something from your page hanging over, lol. All of the beautiful Victorian-style elements leave no doubt that this is a throwback Easter photo. How adorable is her little bonnet? Thanks for joining in on the August Archiscraps challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute layout. Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet LO,thanks for joining us at Archiscraps this month..good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful layout featuring a sweet photo! I love how you added the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! This picture is so precious! Thanks for playing with us at More than words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI..This is such a pretty layout, I love the butterflies and fussy cut elements.. and the photo is so cute.. I remember the days of using film and not knowing how many photos would turn out until the film was developed.. so glad you have scrapped this lovely photo now.. thanks too for joining in with Archiscraps this month! I hope you can join in next month too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vintage look of your layout and I think it perfectly suits the photo!
    Well done on using it, it's perfect like this and so sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous layout. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Archiscraps this month
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful! I love the vintage touches on this. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an adorable layout! Love all the vintage papers and embellishments you used in the layout. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a precious photo! Your page is very vintage and elegant! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious layout! Love it! Thank you for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely page!
    so beautiful take on our challenge!
    thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete