Thursday, August 18, 2016

Third August Challenge



Hello!  
My family and I have been enjoying the Summer Olympics from Rio for the passed two weeks.   So I thought I would create a layout using a photo of my daughter, Ashley,  from the 1996 Atlanta, Ga Summer Olympics.  
One of the events we attended was the Equestrian.  
Such beautiful horses!  
For inspiration I chose Let's Get Sketchy Week 3's sketch by Brenshevia.  I also got additional inspiration  from the August Challenges at  More Than Words  "Friends & Circles" , The Creative Loops,  "Summertime", and  Simon Says: Summer Fun.  
For all the details please go on over to their blogs.
All fun challenges!  


Sketch by Brenshevia


The Summer Olympics by Lisa



Here is my take on the LGS Sketch

For the More Than Words Challenge I added many circles (Olympic Rings) and for the word "friend" part,  I thought the Olympics is the biggest Friendship Gathering that is between many countries!

Here are some close-ups














  






 I hope you will join in all the fun over at LGS!
More than Words (One challenge that last for the whole month),
The Creative Loops August Challenge
and
Simon Says Monday Challenges


Thank you for dropping by and I really appreciate all your lovely comments!  
Looking forward to seeing what you create!

9 comments:

  1. Love the color you used on your beautiful page!Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful summer page to make, especially since we are back in Olympics time. Wonderful touch with the rings and the date! So happy you joined our summer fun challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at LGS, you did a wonderful job with the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning page- I love the way you used rings. It is great to have a challenge entry that isn't a card :-)I appreciate you linking my inspiration picture.
    Thanks for joining in the Creative Loops challenge at www.achelois.co
    The challenge for September is feeling blue http://achelois.co/2016/08/feeling-blue-creative-loops-challenge-september/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful!Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete