Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Always Remember


Hello again!
Today's layout is in remembrance of September 11th, 2001.   Fifteen years ago the USA experienced one of the most heartbreaking day in it's history.  I will never forget that morning on 911, when it felt like the world had stopped and that nothing would be the same!   All the airports were shut down and I remember most of the TV channels and shows were not on the air.  
It seemed like the whole country had a day of silent.  
But I rather reminisce more about the following day, September 12th, when Americans came together by pulling up our boot straps and tried to take back our country!  It was amazing how many American flags were everywhere to show pride for our country!  
Flags were flying on people's homes, in front yards, out of car windows, off buildings!  It was so inspiring!  
Our country was UNITED! 
 I really wish our citizens now would try to remember that day because we need to unite again for the good of the country.
Well, back to my layout.  My first inspiration came from looking through some photos of my family's trips to New York City.  
One photo is of the skyline of NYC and the other is of myself and (one of my stars) my daughter, Ashley in front of the skyline from Brooklyn Heights. 
 I also got inspiration from two other sources.
Picture This which is having a new challenge about anything to do with Stars.  "Wish upon a Star" 
and over at Let's Get Sketchy where Brenshevia has come up with another lovely sketch.  

Brenshevia's Sketch





Always Remember by Lisa





Here are some close-ups










Thank you for dropping by and for all your lovely comments. 
 I truly appreciate all of them!
I am so looking forward to seeing what you create with our Star challenge over @PT!


7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! My step daughter was at NYU at the time and I stopped 1 week prior to take pictures as we were going to visit her...and then everything changed....this is a beautiful memorial....Thanks for joining us at LG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A layout full of memories. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome piece of art!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us @LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout.Love all the details on your beautiful page!Thanks for joining us at LGS and PIcture This!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a heartfelt beautiful layout! I will never forget that day either. Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful tribute. I love the papers and overall feel to this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page, beautiful! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete