Friday, September 30, 2016

Beary Special

Hello!  
Wow, it's October, the beginning of Autumn, my favorite time of year! The air is becoming so crisp and clean.  Time for all the trees to show off their inner beauty, to go pumpkin and apple picking, celebrate Halloween and to start another month of challenges! 
 Love it!!
Over at "Picture This" we are challenging you to create a LO using " Layers + fussy cutting + one photo".  
 My DTM layout  for this October 1st fun challenge is composed of  Brenshevia's  Let's Get Sketch and  Challenge YOUrself .  
This month, "Challenge YOUrself" would like to see sewing on your page.  It can be hand stitching, machine stitching, embroidery, ANY kind of sewing!!  The only other requirement is that you include a photo with YOU!
My LO started with one of my most treasured photo of my son, just a few days old, in my arms.
I was rocking him in the special chair that my husband and I had brought in town and carried many blocks home because we did not own a car at the time.   
I used one of my favorite paper collection, Kaisercraft - Teddy Bears Picnic.  I fussy cut a whole bunch of the teddy bears (they are so cute!) and layered many of the cut away journaling cards.  I added embroidery thread in the buttons, rickrack around the photo and embellished with some snaps. 
 It was a lot of fun putting together this layout and I hope you will enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Brenshevia' Sketch                                              Challenge YOUrself

                                          



                                           






You & I by Lisa






Here are some close-ups



Here are some of the threaded buttons, fussy cut teddy bear, and the snaps.




Here are some teddy bears clustered together.




                       Here are some more clustered teddybears, threaded buttons, and a snap.





Thank you for dropping by and for all your lovely comments. 
 I truly appreciate all of them!
I am  looking forward to seeing what you create with our  "Layer + Fussy cutting + One photo" challenge over @PT and the Sewing Challenge @ Challenge YOUrself!




6 comments:

  1. Your layout is absolutely beautiful, Lisa! I love that precious photo so much and your touches of stitching, especially the buttons! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month - we are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the buttons and bears! Beautiful photo of you and Sky. I love the story that you wrote and Fall is my favorite season too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, the fussing cutting and faux buttons. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! Love all about it! Fussy cutting, stitching and great photo! Thanks a lot for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet atmosphere! Thanks for joining with Challenge YOURself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely page. Beautiful color choises. Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa x

    ReplyDelete